Good Idea Marp46,
Concerning North-West I can suggest you my region. Aosta Valley has beautiful roads, echanting landscapes, good food and superb drinks.
Roads you should do in my region are:
- the Route SS.26 from Courmayeur to Pont-St-Martin;
- the Route from Arpy up to Col San. Carlo and down to Cogne and up again to Petit. St. Bernard pass to France (Arpy is between Aosta and Courmayeur, closer to the second one);
- the Route from Aosta to Grand St. Bernard Pass (not tunnel) and on the way down back to Aosta If you have enough time to spent take the turn to Valpelline and go straight up to the Pacemoulin Dam! Very Impressive!
- 20km above Aosta you should also try the road called "Salassi", go along the SS.26 and in Saint. Pierre take the road to Saint. Nicolas, there you'll find a nice restaurant and bar, than continue to Avise (in few words at the first hairpin-turn after the village going up do not go straight but do it an go ahead following direction to Avise)
- In my town Saint Vincent try the road to Col de Joux;
Concerning accomodation, we can arrange by hosting You, but let us know in advance the dates.
For eating and drinking if you came you'll see...
to have ideas of the places click here
Have a nice stay! Lamps...an finger V sign!